Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Mary, Mary, How Many Genders are There?

Mary, Mary, quite contrary
Now what gender are you doing?
Female, male to gender-fluid
Today gender non-conforming.


The question I ask today is, "How many genders are there?" In case you were wondering, allow me to provide the answer: 2.

Surprised? If you do an internet search you will find some sites claiming there are 64 genders, others say 72. I found one which claimed 12 (including those listed in the little poem above). And, of course, there are folks who claim an infinite number of genders are available. Which one are you choosing today?

Perhaps you are confused. You are like me. When asked on a form to define my gender, I always check the "male" box. Until recently, I never saw any form with more than 2 boxes for answering that question. A form I completed a few days ago gave me three options: male, female, other. I guess the "other" refers to the fictional genders.

Yes, there are only two genders. Yes, all other "genders" mentioned and described in this generation are fictional. They have developed in a person's mind in the place of reason and logic.. The gender identity question of the day is foolishness run amok. Invent as many "genders" as you want, there are only two and you belong to one of those groups: male or female.

Those who believe in multiple genders > 2 will dispute this fact. "Why, I am gender-fluid. Today I'm a male; tomorrow a female; on Wednesday a female giraffe." It's a joke and yet I feel very sorry for those who truly believe such unreasonable nonsense. I may "feel" more like a woman today and a cat tomorrow, nevertheless my gender always has been and always will be male. 

God has ordained humanity this way. Genesis informs us He created humans as male and female. Jesus confirmed this. The Scripture NEVER speaks of other gender possibilities. God says 2 genders. That settles it even if you don't believe it.

Biology confirms this fact. We know about the chromosomes. "XX" sex chromosome is female while "XY" is male. The multiple gender supporters claim gender is more than biology and chromosomes. No, its not. You simply want it to be that way. Some things in life we cannot change and our gender is one of those things (discussion of transgender will follow in another post). I can change my weight but not my height (unless I use stilts or high heels). My eyes will always be blue unless I choose either colored contacts or an eye transplant! 

God has not given us the option to change our gender no matter how we might feel on any given day. He determines your gender at the moment of conception. Your cells will carry that chromosome for the rest of your life. And that chromosome provides internal proof of your gender while your genitals provide external proof.

Add to this attempt to find your "true" gender, we now have the pronoun discussion. Do you go by "he/him", "she/her", "he/her", "ze/zim" or any other combination. Again, your pronouns are easily defined. You are either "he/him" or "she/her". In most cases, I can tell by a quick observation what to call you. If I use pronouns you don't like, too bad. You see, "he/her" or "she/him" or "ze/zim" do not exist. Use your head and some simple reasoning and you'll figure it out.

The question of gender identity is settled at conception, revealed at birth, and remains unchanged to death and beyond. I pity those who are confused and those who desperately want to change genders. Some of you have been deceived by false teachers. Some of you are affected by a mental disability and need help from a good doctor. Nothing good will come from this for the person suffering from gender confusion or for society. 

If you are confused, your best help will be found in God's Word and from the Great Physician. You need to return to the real world, recognize the sinfulness of your gender searching (i.e., you are telling God you and not He decides gender), and turn to Jesus Christ for salvation.

Now, as I close, let us review all the genders: (1) male (2) female. That will do!

 

 

No comments: