Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Sins of America: #3 Gender Identity

 Having lived seventy years, I have been required to fill out numerous forms: medical, employment, student, government, etc. For most of my life, these forms all contained one very easy question to answer. In fact, all you had to do was choose a box and check it. The question (in question) was: "Gender". Of all the information those asking for the completion of the form wanted, that was surely one of the simplest to answer. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

Instead of being male or female, forms now let you choose "Other". In some cases there are even more possible selections. "Transwoman", "Transman", and so on and so forth. In my humble opinion, having more than two choices for this category is ludicrous. It doesn't align with biology and certainly does not align with Scripture. And, yet, here we are in our American society. Not only are we permitting such labeling, we are also promoting it. Somehow, after six to eight thousand years of existence, humanity has "evolved" into more than two genders. Wow! How and when did this happen?

I do not profess to be the most holy man who ever lived. I sin. I make mistakes. However, I do my best to sync my conscience on various issues with what GOD has said rather than what MAN might think. It is no different on this issue. God has created two genders of humans, PERIOD. He tells us this first in Genesis 1 when He creates male and female. He elaborates on that very creation in Genesis 2 again with male and female. Every human born since Adam and Eve has been and will be either male or female. That is God's plan, His decree. He will not alter it. He will not create a third, fourth, or fifth choice. When conception occurs, God has ordained you either to be male or female.

Our society hates being told there are things in their life they cannot change. TOUGH. Time to grow up! I can't really change my eye color. I can't tell everyone I have dark brown eyes when they are clearly blue. I can't claim to be a basketball star 6' 10" tall because (1) I'm not that tall and (2) I stink at basketball! Like other young boys, I wanted to be a major league ballplayer. I can CLAIM to be one, but I am not. I never could hit the fastball. That is a skill God did not grant to me any more than he made me very tall or gave me brown eyes. 

Yes, He has permitted some freedom with our being. He enables us to gain or lose weight, firm up our body via exercise or not, and care for our teeth or let them rot. But we can't change when we were born, where we were born, to whom we were born, or what we were at birth. You are either a male or female.

Biology confirms this. Your sex is determined at conception. If the resulting union of the male and female reproductive seeds contain the "XX" chromosome you WILL be a female. If it is the "XY" chromosome, you are a male. You can have as many surgeries as you desire and take as many drugs as you wish in an effort to be another gender, but you CANNOT change those God-given chromosomes which identify you as male or female. Of course, most of us identify another person's gender by their physical appearance. This is also God-given. To be blunt, if God gives you breasts that develop and a vagina, then your chromosomes contain the "XX" chromosome and you are female. You might remove your breasts in an effort to look like a man, but you are still what God intended you to be: a woman. If, instead, God has given you a penis, then you have the "XY" chromosome and you are male. You might have your penis removed and breasts enlarged to appear to be a woman, but you are still what God intended you to be: a man.

From the beginning of your existence, God has settled the issue of which gender you are to be in life. That is HIS plan for YOU and it is a wonderful plan! To make any effort to change your gender is to curse God for what He has done, accuse Him of treating you wrong, and attempting to live your life as YOU want to live it, not as He wants you to live it.

Today in America, we have many attempting to change their gender by various means. Many have been deceived by Satan and others who have undergone such "transformations". Some simply dress like the other sex. Some undergo surgery and hormone treatments, spending tons of money. There are several testimonies of individuals who have tried the latter approach and, in a few years, regretted their actions. Anyone who believes they can live their life by rebelling against the plan of the Almighty will, at some point, realize the poor choice they have made. I pray those individuals come to this realization prior to judgment day.

The root cause of this problem is very much the same root cause for abortion: men desire to live their lives without God in whatever way they so choose. They don't like their gender so they reject what God has created and attempt to fashion their own creation. They worship themselves, the creature, rather than the one true God.

I know this article will upset some and folks will say I am "transphobic". No, people who are going through such "transitions" do not scare me. They should be heard and treated with respect. I do not hate those struggling with their gender, rather, I grieve for them. But, as I said earlier, my conscience is captive to the Word of God and that Word is clear on this subject. Denying there are only two genders or claiming God made you the wrong gender is denying the very will of God. Those individuals are in rebellion against Him and, as a minister of the Gospel, I am to call them to repentance for their actions.

And so, I close with such a call. Will you confess that you have sinned against the Almighty by deciding to live your life as YOU want it to be rather than as God has designed you? Will you, then, call upon the Lord Jesus Christ, the only Savior of any sin, and asked Him to save you? That is my plea.

No comments: